PDA

View Full Version : OCD and other bullshit ruin your life?

coffie crave 7
11-20-2009, 10:20 PM
i dont know if i have ocd isnt ocd like just being neat? im no where near neat and clean but i do need to have things in order small to big or big to small i also have this problem thats been with me my whole life i always gotta do weird shit in order or i think somthing bad will happen. like if i pick up a rock and throw it but the same time i throw it i picture my friend dieing in a fire or something i will have to pick up the rock and re throw it, like i control what i think comes true, its so hard to shake too, ill read a whole paragraph on something say for 12oz for instance and ill have to re read it a few times for good luck.

im 25 now and i delt with this but its getting worse.

anyone have this issue? or something like it? did u over come it?

i know im gunna get alot of jokes but im hoping to get atlest some serious feed back.

Decyferon
11-20-2009, 10:25 PM
sounds like mild OCD to me

I never have anything like this, I used to have this weird repetitive colour symbol matching with noises thing I used to do in my head while I was a teenager otherwise I couldn't fall asleep but I associated that with drugs more than anything else and I certainly dont do it anymore.

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-20-2009, 10:27 PM
There's different degree's of OCD.
I have that shit to an extent, but I wouldn't say tht it fucks up my life.

Sounds like you have it a lot worse than me.
Just man up and control yourself. When you catch yourself getting carried away with thinking and doing stupid shit like that, just tell yourself to stop being an idiot.
That's what I do.

__ __ __ __
11-20-2009, 10:28 PM
i do some stuff a cetain amount of times cuz i think naw that wasnt right, but its nothing crazy and noone notices.. i dont think about it and concentrate on the outside world more..

if you constantly think about it, i believe, it will get worst. if it isnt a huge problem then ignore it.everyone is different

coffie crave 7
11-20-2009, 10:36 PM
yeh i try real hard to be like ''yo your stupid'' stop washing your hands 4 times.

but its hard cus my mind is soo set on if i dont do things right whatever im worried about will come true.

MedicineCabinet
11-20-2009, 10:41 PM
i dont know if i have ocd isnt ocd like just being neat? im no where near neat and clean but i do need to have things in order small to big or big to small i also have this problem thats been with me my whole life i always gotta do weird shit in order or i think somthing bad will happen. like if i pick up a rock and throw it but the same time i throw it i picture my friend dieing in a fire or something i will have to pick up the rock and re throw it, like i control what i think comes true, its so hard to shake too, ill read a whole paragraph on something say for 12oz for instance and ill have to re read it a few times for good luck.

im 25 now and i delt with this but its getting worse.

anyone have this issue? or something like it? did u over come it?

i know im gunna get alot of jokes but im hoping to get atlest some serious feed back.

i feel ya
once, i ran back to my place after walking 2-3 blocks, just to make sure the stove was off
the fucked up part is that i did not even use it
since then, ive tamed it quite a bit through willpower

still, i struggle with this on a daily basis; its no longer as bad as how you described your case, but i still check locks 2-3 times etc, shit like that

its going to be hard, but just keep reminding yourself that its all in your head
only you can help yourself, good luck

a full blown case of OCD is pretty a sad/freaky thing to witness, dont go there man

coffie crave 7
11-20-2009, 10:44 PM
thanks man !

yeh i hear ya...i lost count of how meny times i thought i left the coffee maker on

remainunderated
11-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Mentally ill people!

STAN51
11-20-2009, 10:52 PM
One of my ex girlfriends has OCD and it was really tough for me to live with it for a period of my life when i was with her.

AT first, thought it was all bullshit and that she was complaining and acting crazy for nothing.
I have never dealt with anything like that before with anybody close to me, i did not know how to react. Then i seen her first hand and realized it was no joke. Shit got real messy at one point and we split up. She got even worse and went through intense psychiatric therapy but she never took pills. Eventually she was able to suppress it and control it to some extent. Her OCD was peculiar since it was not common symptoms like doing things in order.
She had that aswell but she also suffered from thinking too much, over analyzing tings to a point of panic. She also has crazy nightmares and nightly panic attacks.
Shit is no joke and i kind of regret ignoring it when it first appeared.
She was my first and only love and its shame that it went down like that.
I still seen her since and we have had little moments but it never went back to normal.
Shes a great person and i feel really bad that she has to deal with that for the rest of her life.

so, i can some what relate.

/ Yes cool story bro!

I hope you get better. I wish you the best

Edit/ Listen to MedicineCabine <---- yes appropriate screen name.

chopsticks
11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I have that shit to an extent, but I wouldn't say tht it fucks up my life.

This.

I do alot of strange things, I've kinda shaken stuff off as I've got older, but its still there, nothing life changing though.

makeithappennn
11-20-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm the same way..I have certain rituals that I have to abide by..but I think deja vu has alot to do with it.

publicenemyno.3
11-20-2009, 11:59 PM
often ocd manifests as a coping mechanism for depression or anxiety. its common for them to be comorbid. you might have another issue that needs to be handled.

stagnant water
11-21-2009, 12:03 AM
As long as it dosent stop you from living in anyway its nothing to be too worried about.
I wouldnt say its uncommon either ... We are a panicky animal, and all those years lived in panic by our ancestors have left something embedded in our genes. It seems to be easy for our minds to run off on tangents and not let up. You have more control over your mind than you give yourself credit for. Step up and talk yourself through each occurrence and you might find they are coming up less and less.

Check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b642MPgR4QU

IOU
11-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Where's Sooki?

VANDALICIOU$$$
11-21-2009, 12:27 AM
I have OCD, mild tourettes, and A.D.D which I blame for fucking up most of my life so far in terms of making freinds when I went to school being social etc.. it FUCKING SUCKS!!!! knowing I can't do shit about it but take my meds daily. It's like I'm trapped in my own personal hell that noone understands I used to daydream hella about shooting up my middle and highschool (still do) when I went there because I felt like I could never connect or relate to people and alot of people ignored me I felt like such a loser I still was cool with alotta people there but outside of school had not much of a social life only thing different now is highschool is behind me. people that don't have shit like this don't know how good they got it. Oh how I wish I was normal, (whatever normal is) sometimes I wonder if I'm mentally ill slightly lol but enough of my ranting.

LUGR
11-21-2009, 12:40 AM
It's all in your head...get over yourself.

XJONATHONX
11-21-2009, 12:47 AM
self discipline goes a long way...

VANDALICIOU$$$
11-21-2009, 12:47 AM
your probably right, not trying to sound hella dramatic

coffie crave 7
11-21-2009, 12:48 AM
I have OCD, mild tourettes, and A.D.D which I blame for fucking up most of my life so far in terms of making freinds when I went to school being social etc.. it FUCKING SUCKS!!!! knowing I can't do shit about it but take my meds daily. It's like I'm trapped in my own personal hell that noone understands I used to daydream hella about shooting up my middle and highschool (still do) when I went there because I felt like I could never connect or relate to people and alot of people ignored me I felt like such a loser I still was cool with alotta people there but outside of school had not much of a social life only thing different now is highschool is behind me. people that don't have shit like this don't know how good they got it. Oh how I wish I was normal, (whatever normal is) sometimes I wonder if I'm mentally ill slightly lol but enough of my ranting.

whoa dude relax

i think you have an issue connecting with people cus maby you just haveing found ppl like u to connect with, im very closed minded and only have / hang with a certain group of people its good not to be freinds with the whole word, but i woulent get all angry over it

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-21-2009, 12:55 AM
yeh i try real hard to be like ''yo your stupid'' stop washing your hands 4 times.

but its hard cus my mind is soo set on if i dont do things right whatever im worried about will come true.

But you're smart enough to know that nothing's really going to happen just because you break your self imposed superstitions though, right?

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-21-2009, 01:00 AM
I don't know if this shit runs in the family or not, but apparently you might be born with it.
Cause I was walking with my 3 year old son the other day on this weird sidewalk and I caught him going out of his way to make an effort to take two steps in each tile and to not step on the cracks.
I remember doing that when I was a kid too.

bostonsnewestink
11-21-2009, 01:10 AM
i do that shit all the time, or i'll time it so that my toes always line up right before the crack.. jesus fuck. now im sitting here thinking of asll the weird paranoid shit i do, you people are starting to make me think im psycotic.

i just figure myu mind is restless and im always making something simple into something more, like i cant just simply walk down the street, i gotta hit poles, fences, newspaper stands, that whole tile/crack shit.. kick rocks, cans. i can hardly ever leave a bottle unsmashed..

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-21-2009, 01:20 AM
i cant just simply walk down the street, i gotta hit poles, fences, newspaper stands,

LOL Me too!!!
Shit, half the time I've been popped writing on shit, I wasn't even bombing. Just instinctively getting tags on shit walking too and from wherever.
I don't know if that counts as being related to OCD, but I definitely can't leave the house without something to write with.

Damn... maybe this shit does fuck up my life to an extent. :biglaugh:

zebradrips
11-21-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't know if this shit runs in the family or not, but apparently you might be born with it.
Cause I was walking with my 3 year old son the other day on this weird sidewalk and I caught him going out of his way to make an effort to take two steps in each tile and to not step on the cracks.

i still do this!
i also do this weird thing where i count the letters or syllables in words and sentences to see if there are even or odd numbers of them.
also sometimes like type things out that i'm thinking with my fingers on my palms, just when i'm walking or on the train or something.
i think it's from playing piano.
i'm not extremely neat and i don't have to have things in order, but sometimes i just get urges to do strange, random things.
when i was a kid it was a lot worse.

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-21-2009, 01:34 AM
I definitely have this obsession with everything being in even numbers.

And with shoes having to be right next to each other as if there's someone standing in them with their feet together.
I sometimes catch myself doing this to other peoples shoes when I'm over their house and I'm like "what the fuck??? stop being an idiot!"
Sometimes I even get on my wifes ass about her leaving her shoes laying around all hap hazard and not paired up the right way. I'll half jokingly be like "you're fucking with my OCD boo, you know I hate that shit!"
My son is on this too, cause he puts his shoes away the same way I do.

Like this:

bostonsnewestink
11-21-2009, 02:00 AM
something weird i ALWAYS do..

my buddies stairs to his apartment are outside, and they go up, turn and go up again and turn, but at the bottom theres this like weird little like corner/cut that when walking down them that i always feel like someones gonna be standing there. if there was, you wouldnt be able to see them at all, so legit, everytime i walk down these kids stares, i always hold my keys like im gonna shank someone and jab up in the corner like right where someones chest/neck/face would be.

not that theres any real reason, but i have shitloads of weird shit i always do like theres someone waiting to get me. but i can say it has definitely prevented me from at the least being robbed, several times haha.

LUGR
11-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Skateboarding magnified this problem for me...

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-21-2009, 02:07 AM
something weird i ALWAYS do..

my buddies stairs to his apartment are outside, and they go up, turn and go up again and turn, but at the bottom theres this like weird little like corner/cut that when walking down them that i always feel like someones gonna be standing there. if there was, you wouldnt be able to see them at all, so legit, everytime i walk down these kids stares, i always hold my keys like im gonna shank someone and jab up in the corner like right where someones chest/neck/face would be.

not that theres any real reason, but i have shitloads of weird shit i always do like theres someone waiting to get me. but i can say it has definitely prevented me from at the least being robbed, several times haha.

^One of these days another homie or dudes chick are gonna happen to be coming around that corner and you're gonna instinctively punch them in the face with those keys.

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Skateboarding magnified this problem for me...

I always have to push an even amount of times before doing a trick.
Sometimes I knock on my board too on some "knocking on wood" type shit.

bostonsnewestink
11-21-2009, 02:11 AM
^One of these days another homie or dudes chick are gonna happen to be coming around that corner and you're gonna instinctively punch them in the face with those keys.

haha im always afraid of this, but its not like its just a simple corner someone could be standing in, if your there, your definitely trying to hide.

edit: i HAVE to fall when i skate, if i havent eaten shit atleast like 5 times in a hour of skating, somethings wrong and i stop skating cause i get nervous. its like a percaution of getting to comfortable or something, cause everytime i have like really, really good days, i end up getting hurt the worst. so i dont know if thats some sort of subconcious percaution moreso than some sort of OCD, but.

as a result some parts of my arms have like 7 different shades of skin, haha.

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-21-2009, 02:21 AM
^Both times I broke my ankle was the end of a really good day where I was ontop of everything and overconfident.

SukiSukiNow
11-21-2009, 02:47 AM
welcome to my life...
i deal with my ocd and live with it. some days its really bad other days i don't even think about it.

remainunderated
11-21-2009, 02:57 AM
in all seriousness my dad has OCD mild but he has it so i suppose i do too lol
in my opinion many people that do graff n dance have some sort of neurological problem
vandalicious if your not a cop like everyone else thinks,you got some problems and i hope you dont end up doin what you said on your post..i would hate to see students and parents suffer over your selfish stupidity.

Stacks Edwards
11-21-2009, 05:43 AM
i always count stairs, and count how long my piss takes each time..ocd?

coffie crave 7
11-21-2009, 06:05 AM
i dont know if thats ocd sounds like something u might do for fun to see how long.

i have issues where i think some numbers are bad luck so if i do a painting with say six dots in it ill have to do a few more instead.

i also have to bite off my finger nails in order thumb to pinky left hand first then right.

coffie crave 7
11-21-2009, 06:06 AM
alife just came out with some tees that read ocd, in a big font...i dont know why? but it was just on there facebook newfeed

if ocd is the new thing...shit im mr.cool then

shaolinmasta
11-21-2009, 06:14 AM

He's def. got it, I did the exact same shit when I was younger too.

I sort of regressed from having to touch everything a certain number of times for things to feel "right" I have sort of just put it into my mind mostly now but that's kinda fucked up too because out of the blue I'll just start copping these negative/fucked up thoughts and I have to tell myself to stop doing it
I still cop the shit every day and somedays it's worse than others but you just deal with it and move on. The trick is to try not to think about it and if you do start copping some OCD shit you try not to indulge in it and after a while it goes away, I think meditation would work to clear your mind maybe but I'm too lazy and not really into that kind of shit.

RiSC
11-21-2009, 07:13 PM
I feel like a lot of people do the same type of shit that people mentioned in this thread.

I do some weird shit, but I don't consider it OCD. I count stairs when I walk up them, I don't step on the cracks in concrete sidewalks, I always double check locks, and I always double check my alarm clock before I go to sleep. I also don't like stopping the microwave unless it is on a number ending in 5 or 10. I realized some of the shit that I do tho, and being conscious of it, helped me kind of stop it. You just have to realize that the small shit that "disrupts" your thoughts or whatever is only that, it doesn't matter and it won't effect anything else. Realizing that makes it easier to just stop.

I don't think things like that can be considered OCD until it really starts fucking with your life. I don't think it would be a disorder if you just do shit like counting stairs.

Fuck, I'm too hungover to post

.hopeless.
11-21-2009, 07:18 PM
i had ocd when i was younger.everything had to be even,like even spaced or if i had something like a notebook laying on the desk it had to be straight it couldnt be crooked..also i counted things alot and numbers were always important to me.idk why.and refused to step on cracks in the sidewalk.and made sure i only took two steps for every block in the sidewalk and if i didnt i would get frustrated.and i had this thing about always checking the time so i had to get rid of my alarm clock becuase i wouldnt be able to get sleep if i didnt.and then you get these really weird thoughts in your head and its hard to block them out.i dont think i was ever diagnosed with ocd but im sure i had/have it.its not as bad as it used to be but yeah...shit sucks.but i also suffer from severe anxiety and have panic attacks like every day.which seem to go together with ocd alot of the times.its no fun and becuase of it ive missed out on alot of things in life...like not having an alarm clock ever and alot of other things.and i was constantly washing my hands.like after i touched anything i had to wash my hands.i got over that for the most part.

B!G D
11-21-2009, 07:28 PM
My friend/room mate is a bit of a clean freak and cleans up the place whenever its dirty. Like after a party or just the usual trash that builds up. Its nice, place has never been cleaner ha

To RiSC.. I do that microwave thing too. But I stop it when it ends in a 9

To DAO.. I also have the problem with writing on things constantly

RiSC
11-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Haha, I'm glad someone else does the microwave thing. The other's were mentioned before, but I'm glad I'm not alone on that one.

chopsticks
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I do strange microwave stuff too, if i'm in the kitchen when its on and I see its gonna stop I put my hands on both sides of the kitchen and lift myself off the floor til the beeps stops.

/Yesstrange.

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-21-2009, 09:11 PM
I refuse to use microwaves.
Don't even have one in the house.
I'm paranoid that one of these days they're gonna come out and say
that microwaves cause cancer.

Plus food just don't taste right after being nuked.

Drunkfux
11-21-2009, 09:28 PM
If i'm watching a subtitled film and I miss something said, I HAVE to rewind it and know what was said, even if it's not vital to the plot, I tried ignoring it and it kept niggling me until I rewound it to find out what was said.

SwampFightOner
11-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I refuse to use microwaves.
Don't even have one in the house.

That's very odd

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-21-2009, 09:36 PM
If i'm watching a subtitled film and I miss something said, I HAVE to rewind it and know what was said, even if it's not vital to the plot, I tried ignoring it and it kept niggling me until I rewound it to find out what was said.

Same here.
My wife hates watching subtitled movies with me almost as much as I hate watching subtitled movies.

Why they always gotta flash a whole sentence in like a second like everybody's a speed reader?

hatetown
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
For some reason, I can't stare at sharp objects or corners of tables. My eyes start to hurt and I usually have to rub them or look away.

It feels like my eyes are overfocusing or something. Anyone have this, or heard similar stories?

jmm1075
11-23-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm a perfectionist... a form of OCD.

It has gotten in the way at times because it can be very draining — both of time and energy. I have chilled out ALOT over the years, but when I'm really stressed it acts up. OCD behavior is a way of fooling your mind that you're in control. The fact is it's controlling you.

My advice to anyone dealing with this is to learn to relax and let go of the need to be in control. I personally believe that with the exception of a chemical imbalance, OCD is a learned behavior that can be undone.

Mediate, exercise, eat reasonably healthy, and let go...

Ignition
11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Interesting thread...I thought OCD was all about being organized and stuff like that. Wouldn't say it ruins my life, but i definitely have this.

fishsticks
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
when i close my garage i have to watch it close and say to myself thats its closed 3 times that it's closed.

doesnt ruin my life.
just kind of weird.

SpreadAIDS
11-23-2009, 06:22 PM
i think most people that say they have OCD are full of shit.

Cool Water
11-24-2009, 11:54 AM

Completely agree. Also when girls say they have a phobia of being sick. You just dont like being sick like everyone else.

I used to have mild shit like this when i was younger. I never had to organise shit but i always had to make stuff even. Like if i walked off a curb with my left foot id have to hop back on with me left too. or if i picked up a drink with one hand id have to pick it up again with the other straight after.

I knew in my head though that it was stupid and ridiculous so after a while i would try fuck it up so i wouldnt know if i had done something equal or not. I dont even think about it anymore.

Fiendish
11-24-2009, 12:52 PM
I do that microwave thing too, but always stop it at 28 seconds, my alarm's always set at a certain hour & 28 minutes, when I bid on stuff on Ebay my maximum bid is always whatever & 28 pence...
I've counted letters in words & sentences since I was a kid, when I was sat at my grandads death bed 6 years ago I repeatedly counted the letters on his hospital wrist tag, which added upto 28, and that number's always stuck and bothered me for some reason.
I'm use to it now & don't even notice I'm doing it half the time, fuckin pain in the ass reading books or watching sub-titled films though.
Got a really annoying teeth brushing ritual as awell.

k9000
11-24-2009, 03:53 PM
One of my ex girlfriends has OCD and it was really tough for me to live with it for a period of my life when i was with her. AT first, thought it was all bullshit and that she was complaining and acting crazy for nothing.I have never dealt with anything like that before with anybody close to me, i did not know how to react. Then i seen her first hand and realized it was no joke. Shit got real messy at one point and we split up. She got even worse and went through intense psychiatric therapy but she never took pills. Eventually she was able to suppress it and control it to some extent. Her OCD was peculiar since it was not common symptoms like doing things in order. She had that aswell but she also suffered from thinking too much, over analyzing tings to a point of panic. She also has crazy nightmares and nightly panic attacks. Shit is no joke and i kind of regret ignoring it when it first appeared.
She was my first and only love and its shame that it went down like that. I still seen her since and we have had little moments but it never went back to normal. Shes a great person and i feel really bad that she has to deal with that for the rest of her life.

I'm in the exact same situation with my girl. everything you said was exactly on point.

propped.

Gnarly Sheen
11-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Anyone got a case of the Howie Mandels?

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9164242

Not sure if it has already been posted.

SwampFightOner
11-24-2009, 11:41 PM

Yup

john_gacy
11-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Despite annoying me before I'm going to give you (and everyone else) a straight answer here as I love the psych related threads and the responses they bring. 1st, a lot of what people describe is more related to basic anxieties, it is not OCD. OCD involves having obsessions and/or compulsions, as follows:

Obsessions include recurring persistent thoughts/images/impulses that occur inappropriately and cause stress/anxiety. Extreme worry about ordinary shit does not count. For instance, microwaves (the waves, not the machine) are bad for you. Worrying about exposure to them is not abnormal. When these thoughts, etc., occur, the person tries to neutralize them through behavior and/or thoughts. The person is aware that these thoughts, etc., come from themselves, as in, they know they are not just worrying about ordinary shit.

Compulsions involve repeated physical or mental behaviors (checking the stove, counting in your mind). This happens in response to an obsession or based on strictly applied rules. Th goal of this is to eliminate stress or prevent something perceived as bad from happening. The behavior is excessive for its purpose or not realistically related to what it is meant to prevent.

The person w/ OCD knows it's unreasonable/excessive, it causes them distress, it takes up more than 1 hour/day, it interferes w/ functioning.

This all being said, the answer generally is therapy and/or meds. I believe cognitive/behavioral therapy is best. Therapy will generally not work unless you are motivated to do it. Aside from therapy, there are some basic books/workbooks on OCD that you can generally find at the local Borders/Barnes & Noble/online that covers the basic techniques you would encounter in therapy. If you are disturbed enough by the thoughts/behaviors you have to go through, you may wish to check some of them out.

-Dr. Phil McCracken

SystemFailure
11-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Everyone has some mental oddity just depends on the severity that would necessitate pills and shit. Me? When typing up something I have to retype certain words multiple times to "get it right" and save a document at least 3 times over, checking if it is where I saved it to each time. Just weird shit.

I call bullshit on the majority of people claimin they have OCD and ADD/ADHD.

john_gacy
11-25-2009, 03:39 AM

Probably true, although more based on their own lack of knowledge of what mental illness is. ADHD is a whole other story. You have to remember that as a diagnosis it's fairly new. We didn't have this years ago before our shortened attention span generation. The other thing is that the diagnosis occurs most often w/ children. There are other disorders that can seem like ADHD in children, such as bipolar disorder or PTSD. Unfortunately, a lot of doctors are hesitant to diagnose bipolar disorder for a child, because enough time may not have passed to make a definitive diagnosis or because of the stigma attached to that, especially for a child.

STAN51
11-25-2009, 03:46 AM
I'm in the exact same situation with my girl. everything you said was exactly on point.

propped.

Word, shit is not fun.

Man, honestly, good luck to you!

SystemFailure
11-25-2009, 04:31 AM
I'll tell you one Obsessive compulsive disorder prolly close to half of Ch.0 suffers from and that is...

Checking their USER CP "Did my xzibit pic get propped yet?"

.hopeless.
11-25-2009, 04:46 AM

ive been diagnosed clinically with all of those things and if some of the stuff that these people are describing are real then its possible that they do have OCD to an extent.especially with the counting and the sidewalk thing DAO described becuase those were things i did on a daily basis.but mine actually affected my life becuase if i didnt get do these little rituals and shit then i would get very very frustrated and it was almost painful.i would go out of my way to do these rituals or whatever you call it.if you get to that stage it can screw with your life to an extent.

Brickos
11-25-2009, 05:15 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2547/4132974900_5c57903d8c_o.png

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
11-25-2009, 05:25 AM
^That has nothing to do with OCD.

That's some other shit altogether.

.hopeless.
11-25-2009, 05:26 AM
wow.thats lame.but whats more lame is the fact that he decided to share that.

Brickos
11-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Re: OCD and other bullshit ruin your life?

SMdoubleXL
11-25-2009, 05:34 AM
The fucking door locking/wondow locking/burners off/candles out routine that takes anywhere from 3-20 minutes, before i go to sleep, depending on if i skip a step. If i fall out of order, i have to start from the beginning.

oh and that stupid counting thing. to be exact..fingers and toes on people/cartoon charactors...

at least my kid has stopped touching the floor of EVERY new room/place she enters. she didnt realize she did it, but it took a while to convince her how NASTY floors are. welcome, germaphobe now. haha

SwampFightOner
11-25-2009, 06:41 AM
One of my ex girlfriends has OCD and it was really tough for me to live with it for a period of my life when i was with her.

AT first, thought it was all bullshit and that she was complaining and acting crazy for nothing.
I have never dealt with anything like that before with anybody close to me, i did not know how to react. Then i seen her first hand and realized it was no joke. Shit got real messy at one point and we split up. She got even worse and went through intense psychiatric therapy but she never took pills. Eventually she was able to suppress it and control it to some extent. Her OCD was peculiar since it was not common symptoms like doing things in order.
She had that aswell but she also suffered from thinking too much, over analyzing tings to a point of panic. She also has crazy nightmares and nightly panic attacks.
Shit is no joke and i kind of regret ignoring it when it first appeared.
She was my first and only love and its shame that it went down like that.
I still seen her since and we have had little moments but it never went back to normal.
Shes a great person and i feel really bad that she has to deal with that for the rest of her life.

so, i can some what relate.

/ Yes cool story bro!

I hope you get better. I wish you the best

Edit/ Listen to MedicineCabine <---- yes appropriate screen name.

As much as I hate it, I can relate to you on this

My ex had HORRIBLE anxiety, and also massive self esteem issues, and alot of that is what controlled our relationship

I love her to death, but I don't know if it will ever work

STAN51
11-25-2009, 06:45 AM
As much as I hate it, I can relate to you on this

My ex had HORRIBLE anxiety, and also massive self esteem issues, and alot of that is what controlled our relationship

I love her to death, but I don't know if it will ever work

Probably not.

Sorry bro, i feel your pain. NH

SwampFightOner
11-25-2009, 06:47 AM
That's seriously a sad thought to have

Drunk and emo, yodfel acha boy ha

morton
11-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Having a baby mama with Borderline Personality Disorder has been about the most difficult thing I have ever had to deal with.

Need_A_Name
12-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Whn Im reading a book or magazine, ill re-read a page anywhere 10-15 times if I think its interesting.
I know , pretty weird, always takes ages to read books etc. for class

Swindle
12-12-2009, 02:41 PM
For some reason, I can't stare at sharp objects or corners of tables. My eyes start to hurt and I usually have to rub them or look away.

It feels like my eyes are overfocusing or something. Anyone have this, or heard similar stories?

yeah this happens to me with shiny things or metal things. my forehead feels weird and i have to furrow my brow (never used that expression in my life) and i feel better.

its only sometimes so i just try to get over it.

one of my childhoods friends cousin has ocd. i went to high school with him. he was just a normal kid growing up, we all used to hang but then he got chronic fatigue, missed half a year of school, got diagnosed with psychotic tendencies or some shit and developed ocd. i remember being in class with him and at the end of the lesson he'd stay behind and he had to re arrange all the tables and chairs. with his locker lock he had to lock and relock it 5 or 6 times before he could leave it, then took a few paces back, looked at it and had to do it again.

it was painful to watch, i wasn't close with him in highschool but i remember distinctly catching him one time after school, he was at his locker and he couldn't see me. he did his locker thing and banged his hand on the locker and yelled "I DONT WANT TO FUCKING DO THIS ANYMORE. WHY DO I HAVE TO" i just saw this and bailed. i didnt want him to see me.

shit pretty much ruined his life, he dropped out of school, couldn't do his job anymore and all kinds of things. haven't heard anything about him in years. poor kid.

Swindle
12-12-2009, 02:44 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2547/4132974900_5c57903d8c_o.png

"nothing a little death metal can't solve"

scene kid is faking it