THE WRITERS FORUM - THE GRAFFITI DESTINATION

Old
(#4401
rokstar
rokstar is watching their e-fame flourish rokstar is watching their e-fame flourish rokstar is watching their e-fame flourish rokstar is watching their e-fame flourish rokstar is watching their e-fame flourish rokstar is watching their e-fame flourish

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-15-2012, 04:32 PM

The Alchemist - Heady Topper.. had this the other night, straight out of the can. honestly the best ipa I've had to date.

A cloud of eiderdown Draws around me Softening a sound. Sleepy time, and I lie, With my love by my side, And she's breathing low...
Unread
Official
12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID!

Since: 1993

Default The Real Deal Since 1993™

Old
(#4402
crime stoppers
crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-15-2012, 04:38 PM

a pint of good IPA in a can...

fucking jelly

y'all know the name
Old
(#4403
crime stoppers
crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ! crime stoppers is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-18-2012, 01:55 PM

brewery tour didnt happen, needed a group of 10 or more people for them to consider it.

andechs dopplebock dunkel was amazing, best german dopple ive ever had. easter beer was a massive let down. the rauchbier is an old favourite of mine, would love to find some more, i forget the town that created the stzyle but i want to go there.

y'all know the name
Old
(#4404
john_gacy
Banned
john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-23-2012, 11:22 PM

Old
(#4405
john_gacy
Banned
john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ! john_gacy is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-24-2012, 12:56 AM

Old
(#4406
redeyedanimal
Veteran
redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-24-2012, 08:23 AM

heady topper is the SHIT. So fuckin jealous.

If trouble doesn't come to find you, you have to go looking for it.

When you do things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.
Old
(#4407
Drue_Down
Unstoppable
Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ! Drue_Down is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-24-2012, 09:53 PM

Lego Beer Song

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|PORKCHOP EXPRESS| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
Old
(#4408
ShortFuse
ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-25-2012, 05:14 AM

smoke beer!
Old
(#4409
Schizophrenic.
Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 03:34 AM

This weeks brew by People, Places & Things, on Flickr

this was a little too sweet for me, but still good.

Just Last Week My Girl Was Stressing Me, Now Her Best Friend Be Undressing Me
Old
(#4410
Schizophrenic.
Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ! Schizophrenic. is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 03:35 AM

Fat Tire by schizophrenic., on Flickr

went down smooth, no bad after taste.

Old
(#4411
eviltrailer77
Elite Member
eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ! eviltrailer77 is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 03:49 AM

My wife says "Shock top is garbage "foux micro", and fat tire is beer 101. You gotta step up your game son." and I gotta say I agree.

Hurray for me & fuck you!

Toiletseat Medal of Honor recipient
Old
(#4412
Fist 666
Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 04:41 AM

i agree on both counts ET, but people have to start somewhere--and those are both easy drinking beers for people to start with.

one can't simply walk into appreciating real beer mordor.

I was plum surprised.
Old
(#4413
serum
Elite Member
serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 04:48 AM

on the cheap tip i'm loving cases of sierra nevada ruthless rye ipa
for the price of a case of ipa its definitely worth it if you are on a budget which I find myself on time to time
Old
(#4414
Schizophrenic.

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum (View Original Post)

on the cheap tip i'm loving cases of sierra nevada ruthless rye ipa
for the price of a case of ipa its definitely worth it if you are on a budget which I find myself on time to time
just tried that last saturday, it was okay...but i was already buzzing so it defeated the purpose.

Old
(#4415
Schizophrenic.

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 04:55 AM

has anyone tried that hawaiian beer? i saw it at bevmo's just didn't think of buying it.
guiness is good though, nice and smooth

Old
(#4416
theprotester
theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 05:01 AM

On a budget? Sierra Nevada is $28 a six pack where I am!
Old
(#4417
serum
Elite Member
serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ! serum is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 05:02 AM

shit i got mine for $14
Old
(#4418
Fist 666
Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ! Fist 666 is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 05:18 AM

gees, i pay 8-10 for a 6.

I was plum surprised.
Old
(#4419
serum
Elite Member

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 05:23 AM

i was talking about a case of 12
a little over $1 a beer is great for me.
my average is $3 a beer.
I tend to love 4 packs regrettably
Old
(#4420
Fist 666

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 05:26 AM

oh, yeah 14 for 12 is standard here too.
the 4 packs i tend to buy are typically 15 and up...

I was plum surprised.
Old
(#4421
crime stoppers

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizophrenic. (View Original Post)

has anyone tried that hawaiian beer? i saw it at bevmo's just didn't think of buying it.
guiness is good though, nice and smooth
and flat, and shitty. i only ever drink guiness or kilkenny on st pattys day, and even then not happily.

been drinking a lot of polish beers lately, tyskie and zywiec are obviously the main ones but even there other beers are pretty good...mind fuck trying to pronounce zywiec though (zhiv-its).

y'all know the name
Old
(#4422
Milk Grenades
Premium Member
Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ! Milk Grenades is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 05:00 PM

i need to find that heady topper

meet me at the god hour, son!
olly olly oxen freeeeeeeeee
louchebonvivant.tumblr.com
Old
(#4423
Chicken McFucketts
Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 11:25 PM

cheap over fancy? I go cheap most cases, for taste too.

never sober
Old
(#4424
theprotester
theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-27-2012, 11:41 PM

Don't really know what's going to happen here, we called it GARY... I don't think it's anything like a dunkel, but fuck it's darker than I thought it would be. Thought a couple of you might be interested anyway.

GARY (Munich Dunkel)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.048 (P): 11.9
Final Gravity (FG): 1.012 (P): 3.1
Alcohol (ABV): 4.72 %
Colour (SRM): 16.4 (EBC): 32.3
Bitterness (IBU): 22.6 (Average)

74.07% Munich I
13.58% Munich II
6.17% Vienna
3.09% Carafa II malt
3.09% Wheat Malt

0.6 g/L Challenger (6.1% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)
0.6 g/L Challenger (6.1% Alpha) @ 45 Minutes (Boil)
0.6 g/L Saaz (2.9% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil)
0.6 g/L Saaz (2.9% Alpha) @ 1 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 67C for 60 Minutes. Boil for 60 Minutes

Fermented at 18C with Safale US-05

Actually pitched us-04. Haha. Oops. Will work better I'm sure.
Old
(#4425
Chicken McFucketts
Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ! Chicken McFucketts is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: The Beer Thread - 04-28-2012, 12:00 AM

never sober

USERS CURRENTLY VIEWING THIS THREAD: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)