THE WRITERS FORUM - THE GRAFFITI DESTINATION

Old
(#8776
2004WasAgesAgo
2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-04-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newer Bigger Better (View Original Post)

Teriyaki salmon... Ughh

Haha, I felt all chefed up when I was marinading it too.
Unread
Official
12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID!

Since: 1993

Default The Real Deal Since 1993™

Old
(#8777
2004WasAgesAgo
2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ! 2004WasAgesAgo is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyedanimal (View Original Post)

12oz isn't the place to get real advice on cooking.
There used to be a thread on trigonometry and algebra. Kids were getting help with their homework. Therefore 12 oz is the place for everything.
Old
(#8778
MyWay
MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ! MyWay is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-04-2012, 04:02 PM

I'm struggling with anatomy, especially the smaller muscle around the stomach and bone origins and insertions. Thread for it? Megaprops on offer here

IIIII DID IT MMMYYY WWWAAAYYY.
Old
(#8779
redeyedanimal
Veteran
redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-04-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprotester (View Original Post)

Red... you laid down a brew without me? Phwoar!

Plus, you rolled with an adjunct on a first crack?

What hops did you use? What size batch? 200G is not an insignificant amount of hops... yo! At what rate did you add them into the boil? What yeast are you pitching? Argh!

We need more details man!

Laid down my first bourbon mash yesterday and today. Pics to come also!
This was the second time i tried this recipe, the first time was far too tame for my taste, so I made some big changes on this around. I'm still using malt extracts, i don't have the room or equipment to mash my own, nor the skill/knowledge yet. Here's some details:

5 gallon carboy

6.6 lbs light malt extract
8 oz biscuit malt
8 oz Aromatic Malt
16 oz Maris Otter

Steeped grains at around 155*F, with a little variance, for 45 minutes, sparged the shit out of em and brought it to a boil, Added:

1 oz cascade at boil beginning
15 min - 1 oz Cascade
30 min - 1 oz Tettnanger
45 min - 1 oz Tettnager, 8 oz Agave Nectar
60 min - removed from heat, added 2 oz Willamette
75 min - removed/squeezed hop bag, chilled wort

safale american yeast.

approx OG - 1.048, but I don't think that came out very accurate...
Approx PA% - 6.5

Also started a wine kit thing yesterday, there is constant bubbling in our 'dining' room, which is now the brew room,

If trouble doesn't come to find you, you have to go looking for it.

When you do things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Last edited by redeyedanimal : 05-04-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old
(#8780
ShortFuse
ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-04-2012, 04:22 PM

ahaha love the bubbling. I had three 5gallon batches going at my parents place once, freaked my mom out one night cause she thought they were having septic issues. Quite funny at the time.
Old
(#8781
redeyedanimal
Veteran
redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ! redeyedanimal is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-04-2012, 04:23 PM

and yeah, i do have a light guard on it, just took it off for the pic.

Old
(#8782
theprotester
theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-04-2012, 10:37 PM

Nice one mate. Your sparge is generally the biggest factor if you're not hitting target OG.

If you did hit 1048 you wont get 6.5%ABV. Even with 100% attenuation you'd only get to 6.2%. I use US-05, which I'm pretty sure is what is referred to as Safale American Ale Yeast, and the average attenuation is around the 80% mark, so starting at 1048, assuming you'll finish around the 1010 mark you'll get about a 5%'er.

Segue.

Went to a brewery opening last night, had some pizza.

Was nice.

Laid down my first bourbon mash over the last two days. I have some pictures if anyone would like to see.
Old
(#8783
redeyedanimal
Veteran

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 03:26 AM

post.

also,what are some tips for proper sparging? I have the home brewer's bible, but am a lazy fuck and haven't read it as thoroughly as I should.
What's your opinion on Agave in ales? Will it change the flavor of the beer much, or just increase sugars?

Last edited by redeyedanimal : 05-05-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old
(#8784
ShortFuse
ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ! ShortFuse is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 03:42 AM

I think we should start to do brew and food in this thread. it seems there are a few of us that do brew and experiment with brewing a long with food so its not like the brews will over post the food. There has been a few brew threads that start but the fizzle out among the rest of the major threads. I say we vote!

+1
Old
(#8785
redeyedanimal
Veteran

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 03:44 AM

I'm gonna post about brewing, whether people like it or not.

+1, with a side of don't give a fuck.

Old
(#8786
Newer Bigger Better
Elite Member
Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ! Newer Bigger Better is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 04:00 AM

If you don't stop posting in the brewing threads. They won't fizzle out. Just like if you don't stop posting in the food thread, it won't fizzle out.

But you shouldn't just put one topic in another thread because you want it to get more views,

That's like me posting my graffiti in the MSK thread because the NBB thread wasn't attracting enough attention for me.
Old
(#8787
redeyedanimal
Veteran

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyedanimal (View Original Post)

with a side of don't give a fuck.
you missed the most important part.

people in here tend to have an appreciation of feed and beverage, so this is a good place to relate to others. Views aren't as important.

Last edited by redeyedanimal : 05-05-2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: nm
Old
(#8788
ShortFuse

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 04:49 AM

not trying to get more views. It just seems that it would be good to incorporate it. I mean If I made myself another batch of jelly and I decided to post in here rather than start a Canning thread would it really be that bad. Its food, it goes with food. As many in this thread would agree, alcohol or the pairing of types of alcohol with meals, would encompass the entire meaning of a "meal." So post your "meals" thread deems it proper to post zeh booze as well. The process by which creating it is only a addition benefit for the viewer.

sorry im enjoy red wine at the moment...
Old
(#8789
theprotester
theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 05:07 AM

@NBB can you link me to the brewing thread? I posted recipes and processing in the Beer Thread and got shot down in flames.
Old
(#8790
redeyedanimal
Veteran

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 01:35 PM

This one?

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/sho...=122664&page=8

Old
(#8791
Inappropriate_Responder
Unstoppable
Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ! Inappropriate_Responder is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Justice was served on the common cold floating around these past few days.

Homemade chicken soup ain't nothing to fuckwith
Old
(#8792
theprotester

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Thanks Red, I posted in there.
Old
(#8793
redeyedanimal
Veteran

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-07-2012, 11:22 PM

I'm about to make this page look damn good. Pics coming very soon.

Old
(#8794
redeyedanimal
Veteran

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-08-2012, 01:25 AM

Messy looking drizzles on the edges of the plate are garlic oil, looked better irl.

Last edited by redeyedanimal : 05-08-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old
(#8795
where
Elite Member
where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ! where is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-08-2012, 01:28 AM

steak

THE SHIP SUNK BUT DIDNT GET THE MAP WET
Old
(#8796
theprotester

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-08-2012, 01:31 AM

Black bean and corn? Are you high?

Old
(#8797
redeyedanimal
Veteran

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-08-2012, 01:38 AM

The wifey loves mehican foodz, so this is what I came up with. Chicken roulade with lemon, lime, and orange zest/basil, cilantro and parsley. Black beans cooked in chicken stock with charred corn, roasted poblano guac, smoked jalapeņo salsa, pickled red onion, corn cobbettes. Garnishes were throw aways, but made for a nice pic.

Old
(#8798
theprotester

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-08-2012, 01:47 AM

Looks like an ultimate meal to me, mate! Hope you enjoyed it!
Old
(#8799
theprotester

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-08-2012, 01:54 AM

Yours is much neater, but this is the spinach/fetta/sundried stuffed I had for lunch yesterday.

Old
(#8800
redeyedanimal
Veteran

Default Re: post your meals photo superpooperthread!! - 05-08-2012, 02:03 AM

veal? you burnt the top, lols.

USERS CURRENTLY VIEWING THIS THREAD: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)