The FIRST 48 Fan Favorites: Top 10 Episodes
av The First 48 on A&E kl. den 31 juli 2009 kl. 09:52
THE FIRST 48, the most watched non-fiction investigative series on cable, has taken viewers behind the scenes of real-life investigations with unprecedented access to crime scenes, forensic processing and interrogations for 9 action-packed seasons.
We asked fans to tell us which episode of The FIRST 48 is their favorite to help us compile this Top 10 Fan Favorite list. See if your favorite made the cut!
The FIRST 48 Fan Favorites: Top 10 Episodes
1. Lester Street- Season 7, Episode 112: In Memphis, Lt. Toney Armstrong and his team respond to Memphis's worst mass murder in more than 15 years, where they find four adults and two children dead. Armstrong's entire team is called to action as they scramble for leads, while the local media follows their every move. When investigators learn that the killings may have been committed by a "Blackout" squad--a gang-ordered directive to wipe out an entire family--they need to find the killers before they strike again.
2. Gone- Season 8, Episode 123: When Dallas Detective Dwayne Thompson checks out a missing persons apartment and finds it covered in blood, he's launched into one of the strangest cases in his career--a case that he must solve without the victim's body. Chasing a trail of clues, Thompson and the Dallas homicide team are always one step behind their suspect. Then, the search leads them to a wooded campsite where they find hanging vulture heads and samurai swords... but will they catch their man before he slips away again?
3. House of Santeria/ Murder on the Interstate- Season 2, Episode 14: In Miami, homicide Sgt. Joe Schillaci and his squad must solve a murder of an innocent college student during a hectic Memorial Day weekend; and Sgt. Carlos De Los Santos and his team tackle the murder of a doctor found hogtied in his house and learn that the key to the case may lie with the voodoo-like Santeria shrines found at the crime scene.
4. Hostile Takeover/ Shot in the Back- Season 2, Episode 15: In Miami, homicide Sgt. Altarr Williams goes on an adrenaline-charged hunt for a mysterious van seen leaving the scene of a brutal murder. Then, Det. Emiliano Tamayo and his partners must ID a nameless victim gunned down in Little Havana; the case takes a shocking turn when they discover the victim's background.
5. Live to Tell/ Field of Lies- Season 5, Episode 63: In Miami, Ricardo John catches his first case as lead detective: a young woman apparently raped and murdered in a vacant lot. In Dallas, Detectives Scott Sayers and Kenneth Penrod investigate a home invasion that left one man dead and his fiancée critically wounded. The case hangs on whether the surviving witness can identify her attackers.
6. Coma/ Disappeared- Season 7, Episode 118: In Dallas, two teenaged boys are shot outside a nightclub--one is critically wounded, the other is left in a coma. As Det. Eddie Ibarra puts the pieces of the case together, he is temporarily pulled away to assist in the search of woman who has been missing for six days.
7. Hard Fall- Season 5, Episode 70: In Miami, a former airline executive is stabbed to death in his car. Rookie detective Mario De Los Santos tracks two suspects and finds out that both the suspect and his victim shared promising futures-and a deadly vice.
8. Blackout- Season 7, Episode 105: In Dallas, Det. Robert Arredondo and his team investigate the murder of a 22-year-old man tied up and shot along with two of his friends during a robbery. Armed with only the street names of his two suspects, Arredondo must identify them and track them down in a manhunt that takes them across the country.
9. Blindsided- Season 6, Episode 72: In Dallas, Detective Eddie Ibarra discovers a woman shot dead in the lobby of her workplace. When he uncovers video surveillance of the murder he is given an unusual piece of evidence: an image of the killer. Ibarra takes on the difficult job of putting a name to the face.
10. A Serial Killer Calls- Season 2, Episode 16: Homicide detectives led by Sgt. Doug Niemeier are drawn into a deadly cat-and-mouse game with a serial killer who calls 911 to direct them to bodies he's hidden around Kansas City. Niemeier and his team must race against time to stop the elusive killer before he kills again.