THE WRITERS FORUM - THE GRAFFITI DESTINATION

Old
(#101
rolling nowhere
rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ! rolling nowhere is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.crooked (View Original Post)

I grew up on him, jade and vizie in Houston.

I don't know if anyone has it, but the photo of the spot that he and Jade had on the top floor of an abandoned high rise in downtown Houston is one of the first spots that i was ever just baffled that someone got to.

Had a conversation with a friend tonight over dinner about how much this sucks, and how influential he was in our appreciation of graffiti in Houston and around the country.

Rest in peace.

Keep the images coming. Nothing but loving nostalgia.

condolences to the family, friends and crew.
i had moved from texas for awhile when they did that and i remember seeing it online then in person when i moved back to houston and was pretty blown away because no one did shit like that in htown

http://www2.b3ta.com/sleepy-kittens/

dont question it.
Unread
Official
12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID! 12ozPROPHET SHOP MAKING OTHER SHOPS LOOK STUPID!

Since: 1993

Default The Real Deal Since 1993™

Old
(#102
NightmareOnElmStreet
Veteran
NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ! NightmareOnElmStreet is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by george jetson (View Original Post)

never seen this one before. mind. blown. holy fuck!

Lurking Hard, Hardly Lurking.

***Hunnit K Diamond Club. Brutal Sexy Mans. D.G.S.***
Old
(#103
squincyjones
squincyjones has no e-cred at this point

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 02:47 AM

Super bummed about this. Roamed around today trying to capture some of his running stuff.

(Last ones not him. Duh.)

RIP NEKST
Old
(#104
dignan
dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ! dignan is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 03:42 AM

Old
(#105
Uzzi_9mm
Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ! Uzzi_9mm is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 04:16 AM

Fucckkkk.
I have real respect for this mo fo' and i live on the other side of the planet.
Cheers for all the stinky throwups etc etc etc.

RIP NEKST.
Earth graduate 2012.

Fucking worst Christmas for his family.
Old
(#106
Crocodile Tears
Veteran
Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ! Crocodile Tears is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 04:20 AM

RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKLizztikRk
Old
(#107
ipod90
ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ! ipod90 is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 07:12 AM

Rip NEKST A True KING!
My condolences go out to his friends and family.
Old
(#108
Oaks
Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignan (View Original Post)

this one
Old
(#109
stillborn
stillborn has already snuffed most of you fools stillborn has already snuffed most of you fools stillborn has already snuffed most of you fools stillborn has already snuffed most of you fools stillborn has already snuffed most of you fools stillborn has already snuffed most of you fools stillborn has already snuffed most of you fools stillborn has already snuffed most of you fools stillborn has already snuffed most of you fools

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 06:13 PM

Rest in peace, horrible
Old
(#110
Dendroaspis Polylepis
Dendroaspis Polylepis has no e-cred at this point

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 10:02 PM

This guy was a force of nature to the end. Mad respect
Old
(#111
RockTheCasbah
Banned
RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ! RockTheCasbah is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-24-2012, 10:12 PM

fuck. my condolences go out to his family. i dont wanna be blowing up names but especially his little bro. fuck man, im sorry for your loss. sean was a good dude. he's chilling with dash right now. RIP KING NEKST.
Old
(#112
CeroUno
CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ! CeroUno is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-25-2012, 03:11 AM

Todiefor.
Old
(#113
canadiansteal
canadiansteal has no e-cred at this point

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-25-2012, 05:45 AM

condolences to his family and friends in this troubling time...

would have loved to see what he would have done to my city if given the opportunity.

RIP king
Old
(#114
any2
any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ! any2 is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-25-2012, 06:29 PM

RIP Nekst

If this site wasnt dead this thread would have 50 pages by now
Old
(#115
Dirty Taco Steven
Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ! Dirty Taco Steven is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-25-2012, 07:25 PM

Instagram: http://instagram.com/dirtytacosteve313
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtytacosteve/
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/dirtytacosteve

Last edited by Dirty Taco Steven : 12-25-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old
(#116
i love weeD
i love weeD is on their way to e-fame

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-25-2012, 07:31 PM

Nekst by 36th Chamber, on Flickr
Old
(#117
holy roller.
Elite Member
holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ! holy roller. is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-25-2012, 09:38 PM

Man I can believe this is true. Always enjoyed seeing Nekst's stuff from back in the early A2M days. Dude had a solid raw style and painted the best street spots in cities all over. I remember seeing him and Viz in the bay, they killed it in SF. And then they moved on to the next city and did it just as big. He always kept it moving and put in work consistently. Tags, throw ups, pieces, cleans, freights. This guy was well rounded and he set the bar high.

Nekst was the type of writer that we should all aspire to be.

Much respect and my condolences to his family and friends.
Old
(#118
Vincent Adler
Rookie
Vincent Adler is killin' it Vincent Adler is killin' it Vincent Adler is killin' it Vincent Adler is killin' it Vincent Adler is killin' it Vincent Adler is killin' it Vincent Adler is killin' it Vincent Adler is killin' it

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-25-2012, 10:13 PM

Came to Detroit, showed everyone who the real Big S. is.

Heartbreaking. Everywhere Ive ever lived, theres been Nekst. Philly to the MidWest and down South.

RIP. Condolences to the MSK DTS and D30 families. An enormous inspiration to the game. The real writers writer.
Old
(#119
cornholio
cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ! cornholio is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-25-2012, 11:31 PM

Last edited by cornholio : 12-25-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old
(#120
theprotester
theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ! theprotester is the motherfuckin' champ!

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-25-2012, 11:56 PM

Awesome article.
Old
(#121
uncle joe
uncle joe has no e-cred at this point

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-26-2012, 03:20 AM

damn... RIP Nekst, always was looking out for new stuff from this dude, went harder than most could even dream of. True nation wide King

all stolen:

Boston:

Bronx:

San Fran:

LES NYC:

Brooklyn:

San Fran:

to name a few cities
Old
(#122
PurpleKushy
PurpleKushy has definitely earned your virtual respect PurpleKushy has definitely earned your virtual respect PurpleKushy has definitely earned your virtual respect PurpleKushy has definitely earned your virtual respect

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-26-2012, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio (View Original Post)

yo! this read had my heart thumping!

REST IN POWER NEKST.
Old
(#123
Oaks
Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish Oaks is watching their e-fame flourish

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-26-2012, 07:31 AM

wheres that article from
Old
(#124
GO_ALL_IN
GO_ALL_IN is about to be banned GO_ALL_IN is about to be banned GO_ALL_IN is about to be banned GO_ALL_IN is about to be banned GO_ALL_IN is about to be banned GO_ALL_IN is about to be banned

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-26-2012, 08:50 AM

one of the main reasons I started getting into graffiti was the fact that I couldn't wrap my head around how writers would hit certain spots that were so public without getting caught... the curiosity behind that got the best of me and I had to know how it was being done... That being said, Nekst went bigger and badder than anyone in the game. Ridiculous spots, big and bold. I used to love going to Houston and keeping my eyes peeled for new next and vizie tag/throws/burners etc... Luckily I was able to meet Nekst in San Antonio at a Jam and witness his greatness with a can. Dude did a huge rooftop bomb in like 5 minutes. crazy shit. I also heard a ton of stories about how this dude got down for his, not only with the can, but with his fists. Straight up fearless. One hitter quitter knock outs type shit. Just added to the myth and legend that was Nekst... #rip dude, mad respect...
Old
(#125
#1fan
#1fan is about to be banned #1fan is about to be banned #1fan is about to be banned #1fan is about to be banned

Default Re: RIP Nekst - 12-26-2012, 09:01 AM

I been a fan of his from the a2m days. I enjoyed seeing his freights roll in, in my neck of the woods. then I began to see how raw the dude can get when he set foot in the bay. thats when i gave the guy my total respect..
the graff world has truely lost a significant member. my condolences to his imidiate family aswell as his crew families. REST IN PAINT NEKST!!!!!

USERS CURRENTLY VIEWING THIS THREAD: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)