1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please contact us and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the new 12ozProphet!

Game of Thrones (Spoilers laced throughout this entire fucking thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by blackboatshoes, Apr 17, 2011.

1. eviltrailer77

eviltrailer77 12oz Elite Member

eviltrailer77 - Replied May 4, 2012

You have to make allowances for the packaging. TV is restricted by time slots and seasons. But a 900 page book is just a 900 page book that you read at your own pace. I think they have done a good job of capturing the scope and sweep of the story, how large and encompassing it is. But a lot of the depth and texture had to get the ax for the sake of fitting it in the space allotted. I know people that haven't read the books and have no intention of doing so, that think this is the best show "evar". So I guess what I'm saying is read books, they are better than TV.

Edit: The Dunk and Egg shorts are fucking rad.

eviltrailer77 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied May 5, 2012

agreed. pretty much all arya scenes are my favorite and they would be smart not to fuck with them. am i wrong or wasnt it bolton and the leeches at harrenhal and not tywin? do you think theyre gonna cut out the boltons? have they been mentioned? they are sinister as fuck.

on a different note ive been saying "winter is coming" very inappropriately in social and sexual situations and it is amazing

HUSK likes this.
    mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. Realism

Realism 12oz Veteran Member

Realism - Replied May 5, 2012

Roose had a quick cameo. I'm guessing they're not gonna refer to them until the Theon/Winterfell thing gets more fleshed out, then they'll introduce the bastard...

Realism - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. fat ralphy

fat ralphy 12oz Loyalist

fat ralphy - Replied May 6, 2012

no doubt, I understand that things need to be done differently to deliver for TV.

I just hate the fact that some things they literally change things that happen or characters etc.

NBB, I will check out the novellas for sure, I have heard they are the start of his work in this genre.

fat ralphy - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. metronome

metronome 12oz Veteran Member

metronome - Replied May 6, 2012

Do you have these for Kindle ?

metronome - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. Newer Bigger Better

Newer Bigger Better 12oz Elite Member

Newer Bigger Better - Replied May 7, 2012

There are a lot of things they are changing because it doesn't add or take away from the story. Like instead of loras thinking brienne killed renly, he just believes stannis did it. Which makes sense for the show because as soon as she gets to kings landing he starts to believe her.

Newer Bigger Better - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. pertplus1

pertplus1 12oz Veteran Member

pertplus1 - Replied May 7, 2012

half a burned face guy is a badass

pertplus1 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. Newer Bigger Better

Sandor is awesome.

9. HUSK

HUSK 12oz Elite Member

HUSK - Replied May 7, 2012

I got last nights episode loaded. Have to go to work though. Really thinking i should act sick a few hours into my shift, because i really want to watch this.

HUSK - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. metronome

metronome 12oz Veteran Member

metronome - Replied May 7, 2012

Episode was decent if you're not too much of a purist. Osha goes full monty.

metronome - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied May 7, 2012

okay the end of that episode kinda bummed me out...why add such a wild unnecessary element like the dragons getting stolen and hella her people getting murdered? like what? why? also it's hard for me to get into this arya/tywin plotline since it is also entirely fabricated by the hbo writers.

one positive, im feeling the casting for ygritte. that girl is attractive.

mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. dcay

dcay 12oz Senior Member

dcay - Replied May 7, 2012

Just started watching, and Im real into this show.

dcay - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

MrChupacabra - Replied May 7, 2012

I tend to watch the new episodes on Monday nights, so I haven't actually seen the episode, but I'm also pretty disappointed in some of the changes that I've already read about. As I said previously, it's been fun to watch, but it's going to end up being hugely different from the books very soon here. Too many characters and plot lines are going to end up getting cut, they're going to have to find other ways to tie things together, and it's all going to fall apart/turn into a different story where some of the characters and events happen to be the same. Then they'll have a giant orgy with all the female characters and CGI dragons and HBO will cancel it well before GRRM ever finishes the last 2 books.

MrChupacabra - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  14. Realism

Realism 12oz Veteran Member

Realism - Replied May 7, 2012

I came to a similar conclusion after the last episode, I dunno I'm waytoo puristfag for this, although it doesnt' surpise me

That and my Facebook nesfeed every Monday morning is litterd with people spelling names wrong and coming up with retarded/wrong ideas for whats gonna hapen and that shit pisses me off

Realism - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. Newer Bigger Better

Dany doesn't do shit in clash of kings. She has like 5 chapters. I think Tyrion has 15. My guess is the warlocks stole the dragons because it gives her a legit reason to go to the house of the undying and go crazy on the warlocks. As opposed to in the book where she goes for no reason.

It makes sense for the tv show to give her more to do.