1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please contact us and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the new 12ozProphet!

Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by KaBar, Oct 13, 2001.

1. IHATEU

IHATEU 12oz Loyalist

IHATEU - Replied Dec 16, 2011

ok glad im not the only one who found it absurd...

IHATEU - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. Michigan Bench

Michigan Bench 12oz Member

Michigan Bench - Replied Dec 17, 2011

you da' man Kabar

Michigan Bench - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. acer910

acer910 12oz Elite Member

acer910 - Replied Dec 17, 2011

this.

acer910 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere 12oz Elite Member

rolling nowhere - Replied Dec 19, 2011

one of those things like dont get off/on moving trains or dont ride suicide... if you need to get on the train then get on. just be careful.
    i wouldnt ride coal loaded or not way too dirty and shitty ride. but i guess if i really needed to go somewhere and my option was coal train or no train id be on the fuckin train.
    yep.

rolling nowhere - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. acer910

acer910 - Replied Dec 19, 2011

i guess if you REALLY need to get to atl...

6. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere - Replied Jan 11, 2012

gettin on one next month. been awhile.

7. xen

xen 12oz Elite Member

xen - Replied Jan 20, 2012

Kabar wrote: The coal train slowly passes under a a drop chute and the coal is dropped into the gon with a thunderous roar, filling the entire car in just a few seconds

I am assuming they weren't in the very 1st car so there was a lot of noise leading up this. You have also offered up the solid advice of not being fucked up/stoned/whatever, which is is even more solid advice. I take all of your advice seriously but NOT riding coal cars is one I disagree with.

I have been on many coal cars since then and found a loaded car a comfortable ride, better than even in the back of a pickup truck. I was able to roll a cigarette and have a conversation at normal speaking tones, even in the snow. Any car is dangerous and dirty. You are not going to get off of any train without needing a bath. That's just the way it is.

Be aware of your surroundings, don't catch a moving train if you can in any way avoid it (you can) and wait until you get off the train to get fucked up.

xen - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. KaBar2

KaBar2 12oz Senior Member

KaBar2 - Replied Feb 15, 2012

Most of train riding safety is just exercising common sense. Have you ever heard of "hood surfing?" A few years ago I encountered a guy who had a large tattoo of the Vigin of Guadalupe inked on his back. (He had a bunch of other tats as well.) He and his friends had gotten drunk and somebody thought up the idea of going "hood surfing." So one of his drunk-ass buddies got behind the wheel and Mr. Art Work climbed up on the hood, and off they went, hollering and yelling and throwing beer cans ever which-a-way. Pretty soon, they came to an intersection, and of course, somebody pulled out in front of them. The driver stepped on the brakes, Art Work went off the front, but managed somehow to grab the bumper on his way under the car. The guy driving slammed on the brakes, but it still took a while to stop, and Art Work looked like somebody took a belt sander to his back. At the hospital, they had to do skin grafts to cover the deep-ass abrasions, so he wouldn't die. He was in the hospital for a couple of months. He had pieces of tats here and there and everywhere. The donor sites (where they got the skin) were big square raw spots on his butt and legs. He had leg hair growing on his back.

I asked him, "Were you so drunk you couldn't figure out that if the driver hit the brakes you were going under the car?" He just shrugged. "I donno, man. We were fucked up, you know? And jus' barely havin' a good time."

The guy was an unmitigated jackass, and deserved worse than what he got, for being such a dumbass. He risked his life for NOTHING--because he was STUPID. Lucky for him, society educated a hospital full of doctors and nurses to care for him and was willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to try and repair the damage he did to himself by being a thoughtless, reckless, stupid asshole.

I hate to say that anybody who gets hurt on a train was asking for it, but people who don't follow the rules of trainhopping are basically taking tremendous risks without any reason whatsoever. Can you get hurt or killed if you ARE following the rules? Of course you can. But the likelihood of it happening, or the severity of one's injuries will be a lot less if you at least try to avoid the worst of the risks.

Some years ago on this thread (I think) I advocated that trainhoppers should wear helmets, like motorcycle helmets or climbing helmets. Just doing that would probably reduce the head injuries from derailments or folding up a train by 95%. Nothing is going to protect you from falling under a train except avoiding hitting a rolling train to start with.

LEARN WHERE TO CATCH STANDING TRAINS. Catching on the fly is UNNECESSARY. As well as reckless. Rufe told me a thousand times, "Catching on the fly is for saps. Don't do it."

KaBar2 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  9. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere - Replied Feb 18, 2012

your posts are annoying and insane but your a pretty good guitar player. fuck yeah man.

10. xen

xen 12oz Elite Member

xen - Replied Feb 20, 2012

Depending on what day you catch me on, I either enjoy the schizophrenic ramblings of Boxcarro or I want to stab my eyeballs from frustration. Today I am enjoying it.

xen - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere - Replied Mar 4, 2012

woke up getting yelled at by owner of house my friends were squatting. running from cops first thing is a hell of a way to start the day. glad i had my bike.
    bout to be train time.
    headed west. or north then west. we shall see. wouldnt mind hittin that highline again.

12. acer910

acer910 - Replied Mar 7, 2012

on that note^
    warrants issued in nc, leaving tomorrow in the am.

13. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

shai - Replied Mar 8, 2012

If this happened in Austin I think we might have a mutual friend...for what it's worth I just went through something similar here and am once again among the legions of couchsurfers.

Oh well, cop and blow. If you make to Oakland PM me.

shai - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  14. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere - Replied Mar 8, 2012

yessir in austin.
    i will holler when i am in oakland for sure.

15. KaBar2

KaBar2 12oz Senior Member

KaBar2 - Replied Mar 9, 2012

Re: BOXCARRO FOR THE WIN

Boxcarro, without a doubt, you are definately the weirdest motherfucker on this website. The chicken video absolutely takes the prize, no shit. i fully and completely acknowledge your Supreme Weirdness, and concede any claim that I ever had on that title.

I do have a question, however. Is it the drugs? Or is it some form of schizophrenia? Perhaps both? Breathless millions are waiting to hear.

KaBar2 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: