1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please contact us and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the new 12ozProphet!

Nine year old kid steals car, then sneaks onto plane.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by stunt double, Jan 18, 2007.

1. stunt double

stunt double 12oz Senior Member

Nine year old kid steals car, then sneaks onto plane.

Discussion started by stunt double - Jan 18, 2007

Discuss.

Boy, 9, takes flight in car, then hops jets
    Lakewood runaway was headed to Dallas

[​IMG]
    By COLIN McDONALD
    P-I REPORTER

A 9-year-old runaway's plane-hopping journey from Lakewood to Dallas fell short Wednesday with prosecutors back home filing felony charges -- and Southwest Airlines officials scrambling to explain how the boy got through their terminals and onto two planes.

"He might be a little more sophisticated than your average 9-year-old," said Fred Wist, chief prosecutor for Pierce County's juvenile division. Semaj Booker's strange adventure began Sunday afternoon when he stole a 1986 Acura that had been left running in front of a neighbor's house.

Police spotted the boy on state Route 512 near the Interstate 5 interchange and gave chase when he refused to pull over. The pursuit hit speeds of 80 to 90 mph and ended when the Acura's engine blew out while the car exited the highway.

"He just coasted to a stop and bumped into a tree," Lakewood police Lt. David Guttu said.

Officers had to smash one of the car's windows because Semaj refused to unlock the doors and come out.

Because of his age, officials at Pierce County's Juvenile Detention Center refused to admit Semaj. So police took him back to his mother's house.

Early the next morning, though, Semaj took off again. He slipped out of his suburban Tacoma home and somehow made it to Sea-Tac Airport, where he sailed through a Transportation Security Administration checkpoint.

Authorities say the boy managed to lie his way onto two flights, aiming to get to his native Texas.

"Everything he is doing is designed to get him to Dallas," Guttu said. "That is what he calls home."

Southwest Airlines is still trying to figure out how the 4-foot-9, 80-pound youth was able to fly from Seattle to San Antonio with a plane change in Phoenix without drawing the attention of airline workers.
    Airline spokeswoman Marilee McInnis said Semaj approached the Southwest ticket counter Monday morning. He said he had lost his boarding pass and his mother was already in the boarding area.

"The young man's information matched a paid, ticketless reservation for the flight. Based on the information he gave us, he was issued a boarding pass," the airline said in a statement Wednesday.

Southwest's policy for unaccompanied minors only applies to 5- to 11-year-olds, and Semaj -- apparently having done his homework -- told the agent at the ticket counter that he was 12.

"We don't know how he got the information he gave," McInnis said.

With the boarding pass in hand, Semaj walked through a TSA security checkpoint, no questions asked. Only adult passengers, 18 and older, are required to carry picture identification, said TSA spokeswoman Jennifer Marty-Peppin.

She said there was no security breach: Making sure customers get on the right plane is the airline's problem.

Once in San Antonio, Semaj tried to board a third plane bound for Dallas, but Southwest employees stopped him at the gate when he couldn't produce a proper boarding pass or provide correct information, said David Hebert, a spokesman for San Antonio International Airport.

Southwest staffers initially thought the boy was lost, but when they realized he was lying, they called airport police.

After he again gave false information about his age, name and where he had come from, he was taken to the San Antonio police station. There, officers found he fit the description of a missing-person report his mother had filed with Lakewood police.

Semaj was temporarily placed in a boys' home and registered as a runaway.

He was charged Wednesday in Pierce County with car theft and attempting to elude police, both felonies, and driving without a license. But he likely won't be prosecuted.

Wist opted not to issue an arrest warrant, saying he needs more information about the mother's decision to move back to Texas.

Sakinah Booker told The News Tribune that her son doesn't like the neighborhood and is afraid of a sex offender who lives nearby. "He does not like it at all," she said.

She said she hoped to move her four sons back to Dallas soon.

"It may very well be that he is where he wants to be," Wist said. "And with a follow-through on the move, that might be the best thing to happen right now."

stunt double - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. soulkillers

soulkillers 12oz Senior Member

soulkillers - Replied Jan 18, 2007

whoop that ass and send him to his room

soulkillers - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

CACashRefund - Replied Jan 18, 2007

if he was white abc family would put out a movie based on his story next week

CACashRefund - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. Cracksmoka

Cracksmoka 12oz Elite Member

Cracksmoka - Replied Jan 18, 2007

i need this little man on my team... think of the possibilities. $$$$$$$

Cracksmoka - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied Jan 18, 2007

this is so fuckin rad on so many levels.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. Theo Huxtable.

Theo Huxtable. 12oz Loyalist

Theo Huxtable. - Replied Jan 18, 2007

smart kid

Theo Huxtable. - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  7. fat ralphy

fat ralphy 12oz Loyalist

fat ralphy - Replied Jan 18, 2007

damn...police chase till he blows out an engine...savage

fat ralphy - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  8. T_R_O_N

T_R_O_N 12oz Elite Member

T_R_O_N - Replied Jan 18, 2007

damn kid would make a sick writer, lil nigga is a fucking ninja, i bet alqueda wants to recruit him to train the insurgents lol.

T_R_O_N - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. MayorMeanBeans

MayorMeanBeans 12oz Senior Member

MayorMeanBeans - Replied Jan 18, 2007

[​IMG]

MayorMeanBeans - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. SEANCONNERY

SEANCONNERY 12oz Member

SEANCONNERY - Replied Jan 18, 2007

all i gotta say is dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEANCONNERY - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. DA KID MERO

DA KID MERO Dirty Dozen Crew

DA KID MERO - Replied Jan 18, 2007

THIS IS THE SON (I THINK) I NEVER HAD.

DA KID MERO - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. Bob Murphy[ r.i.p]. kid

Bob Murphy[ r.i.p]. kid 12oz Member

Bob Murphy[ r.i.p]. kid - Replied Jan 19, 2007

Thats what the homie Culkin did in Holm Alone part Two.

Bob Murphy[ r.i.p]. kid - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. After School Special

After School Special Banned

After School Special - Replied Jan 19, 2007

That's crazy driving at 80-90 at 9 years old without crashing.

I fucking sucked when I 1st started driving, and I was 15/16.

Would have been awesome if he made it back home.

Good thing I couldn't bring my water and books on the plane when I flew, I mean, they are obviously doing everything possible to keep us safe.

After School Special - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  14. saint seiya

saint seiya New Jack

saint seiya - Replied Jan 19, 2007

my nigga is the real deal not like that bitch mckauly

saint seiya - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  15. Bob Murphy[ r.i.p]. kid

Bob Murphy[ r.i.p]. kid 12oz Member

Bob Murphy[ r.i.p]. kid - Replied Jan 19, 2007

Anytbody hATING ON Culkin is a bitch. If he was Black you wouldnt have said that.

Bob Murphy[ r.i.p]. kid - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: