1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please contact us and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the new 12ozProphet!

OCD and other bullshit ruin your life?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by coffie crave 7, Nov 20, 2009.

1. coffie crave 7

coffie crave 7 12oz Member

OCD and other bullshit ruin your life?

Discussion started by coffie crave 7 - Nov 20, 2009

i dont know if i have ocd isnt ocd like just being neat? im no where near neat and clean but i do need to have things in order small to big or big to small i also have this problem thats been with me my whole life i always gotta do weird shit in order or i think somthing bad will happen. like if i pick up a rock and throw it but the same time i throw it i picture my friend dieing in a fire or something i will have to pick up the rock and re throw it, like i control what i think comes true, its so hard to shake too, ill read a whole paragraph on something say for 12oz for instance and ill have to re read it a few times for good luck.

im 25 now and i delt with this but its getting worse.

anyone have this issue? or something like it? did u over come it?

i know im gunna get alot of jokes but im hoping to get atlest some serious feed back.

MOOGLE? likes this.
    coffie crave 7 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

Decyferon - Replied Nov 20, 2009

sounds like mild OCD to me

I never have anything like this, I used to have this weird repetitive colour symbol matching with noises thing I used to do in my head while I was a teenager otherwise I couldn't fall asleep but I associated that with drugs more than anything else and I certainly dont do it anymore.

Decyferon - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  3. DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER 12oz Royalty

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER - Replied Nov 20, 2009

There's different degree's of OCD.
    I have that shit to an extent, but I wouldn't say tht it fucks up my life.

Sounds like you have it a lot worse than me.
    Just man up and control yourself. When you catch yourself getting carried away with thinking and doing stupid shit like that, just tell yourself to stop being an idiot.
    That's what I do.

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER - Rank: 12oz Royalty - Messages:
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  4. __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ 12oz Elite Member

__ __ __ __ - Replied Nov 20, 2009

i do some stuff a cetain amount of times cuz i think naw that wasnt right, but its nothing crazy and noone notices.. i dont think about it and concentrate on the outside world more..

if you constantly think about it, i believe, it will get worst. if it isnt a huge problem then ignore it.everyone is different

__ __ __ __ - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. coffie crave 7

coffie crave 7 - Replied Nov 20, 2009

yeh i try real hard to be like ''yo your stupid'' stop washing your hands 4 times.

but its hard cus my mind is soo set on if i dont do things right whatever im worried about will come true.

6. MedicineCabinet

MedicineCabinet 12oz Legend

MedicineCabinet - Replied Nov 20, 2009

i feel ya
    once, i ran back to my place after walking 2-3 blocks, just to make sure the stove was off
    the fucked up part is that i did not even use it
    since then, ive tamed it quite a bit through willpower

still, i struggle with this on a daily basis; its no longer as bad as how you described your case, but i still check locks 2-3 times etc, shit like that

its going to be hard, but just keep reminding yourself that its all in your head
    only you can help yourself, good luck

a full blown case of OCD is pretty a sad/freaky thing to witness, dont go there man

MedicineCabinet - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  7. coffie crave 7

coffie crave 7 - Replied Nov 20, 2009

thanks man !

yeh i hear ya...i lost count of how meny times i thought i left the coffee maker on

lord_casek likes this.
  8. remainunderated

remainunderated 12oz Member

remainunderated - Replied Nov 20, 2009

Mentally ill people!

remainunderated - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. STAN51

STAN51 12oz Elite Member

STAN51 - Replied Nov 20, 2009

One of my ex girlfriends has OCD and it was really tough for me to live with it for a period of my life when i was with her.

AT first, thought it was all bullshit and that she was complaining and acting crazy for nothing.
    I have never dealt with anything like that before with anybody close to me, i did not know how to react. Then i seen her first hand and realized it was no joke. Shit got real messy at one point and we split up. She got even worse and went through intense psychiatric therapy but she never took pills. Eventually she was able to suppress it and control it to some extent. Her OCD was peculiar since it was not common symptoms like doing things in order.
    She had that aswell but she also suffered from thinking too much, over analyzing tings to a point of panic. She also has crazy nightmares and nightly panic attacks.
    Shit is no joke and i kind of regret ignoring it when it first appeared.
    She was my first and only love and its shame that it went down like that.
    I still seen her since and we have had little moments but it never went back to normal.
    Shes a great person and i feel really bad that she has to deal with that for the rest of her life.

so, i can some what relate.

/ Yes cool story bro!

I hope you get better. I wish you the best

Edit/ Listen to MedicineCabine <---- yes appropriate screen name.

STAN51 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  10. chopsticks

chopsticks Dirty Dozen Crew

chopsticks - Replied Nov 20, 2009

This.

I do alot of strange things, I've kinda shaken stuff off as I've got older, but its still there, nothing life changing though.

chopsticks - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  11. makeithappennn

makeithappennn 12oz Elite Member

makeithappennn - Replied Nov 20, 2009

I'm the same way..I have certain rituals that I have to abide by..but I think deja vu has alot to do with it.

makeithappennn - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. publicenemyno.3

publicenemyno.3 12oz Elite Member

publicenemyno.3 - Replied Nov 20, 2009

often ocd manifests as a coping mechanism for depression or anxiety. its common for them to be comorbid. you might have another issue that needs to be handled.

publicenemyno.3 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. ERIZENO

ERIZENO 12oz Senior Member

ERIZENO - Replied Nov 20, 2009

As long as it dosent stop you from living in anyway its nothing to be too worried about.
    I wouldnt say its uncommon either ... We are a panicky animal, and all those years lived in panic by our ancestors have left something embedded in our genes. It seems to be easy for our minds to run off on tangents and not let up. You have more control over your mind than you give yourself credit for. Step up and talk yourself through each occurrence and you might find they are coming up less and less.

Check out this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b642MPgR4QU

ERIZENO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. IOU

IOU 12oz Loyalist

IOU - Replied Nov 20, 2009

Where's Sooki?

IOU - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  15. VANDALICIOU$$$

VANDALICIOU$$$ 12oz Senior Member

VANDALICIOU$$$ - Replied Nov 20, 2009

I have OCD, mild tourettes, and A.D.D which I blame for fucking up most of my life so far in terms of making freinds when I went to school being social etc.. it FUCKING SUCKS!!!! knowing I can't do shit about it but take my meds daily. It's like I'm trapped in my own personal hell that noone understands I used to daydream hella about shooting up my middle and highschool (still do) when I went there because I felt like I could never connect or relate to people and alot of people ignored me I felt like such a loser I still was cool with alotta people there but outside of school had not much of a social life only thing different now is highschool is behind me. people that don't have shit like this don't know how good they got it. Oh how I wish I was normal, (whatever normal is) sometimes I wonder if I'm mentally ill slightly lol but enough of my ranting.

VANDALICIOU$$$ - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: