1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please contact us and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the new 12ozProphet!

Spray Paint

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by SayOne, Oct 16, 2001.

1. eviltrailer77

eviltrailer77 12oz Elite Member

eviltrailer77 - Replied Jan 20, 2013

Ok kid, just look back thru this thread and find the info yourself...

Or you could get off your ass and go figure it out. Either way no free rides.

eviltrailer77 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. kyudo

kyudo New Jack

kyudo - Replied Jan 20, 2013

well, that's kinda true. no pain no gain!
    what i'll then do

kyudo - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. yahunga

yahunga New Jack

yahunga - Replied Jan 24, 2013

Female Rustos still on the shelf?

i wanted to start this thread to inform and to get some info from peeps wo may already know...

as of today, ive found at my local baltimore home depot that some rusto cans still exist with a female valve, and i know alot of you may say who cares now that we have the sekt and wing tip adapters. But its ice to know you can still rack some originals...

now, the only remaining cans( i have found) are all the rusto "camo" colors, the high temp,white and black laquer, epoxy, and the field liners which are 600ml with the female valve....

my question is has anyone tried the field liners, high temp, or laquer?

somehow while working on a saturday i came across a box of 4 rusto flat blacks with the female valve...i was like, shit, i thought these were extinct!...grabbed me some rusto fats and ny thins and had me a time of it...i have no idea where they came from or how they survived being as its been a couple years since rusto switched to male valves...

anyone else out there have anything similar to share? im going to "pick up" some of those field liners this week and see what they all about....unless someone knows something i don't....

thnks.peace

yahunga - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

HAL - Replied Jan 26, 2013

I apologize because I haven't been allowed in Canada since 2005, but last I remember, there's a terrific brand of silver at Canadian Tire. The top lid looked like american Plasti-kote, with a sort of curved ridge at the bottom. Colourvision is another brand I was highly impressed with during my Canadian visits. They had a rad indigo color I bought a case of to bring back home.

If you don't mind it fading away after a couple months, Canadian Tire had an excellent Undercoater tar black that worked well with fatcaps.

HAL - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

HAL - Replied Jan 26, 2013

Re: Female Rustos still on the shelf?

Camo colors don't fill very well in my experience. Instead of a uniform color, you wind up with a patchy fill where you can see all the spray lines.

I've never played with Hi Temp colors other than black, but it's more of a shitty dark grey, and covers horribly.

The Lacquer is pretty much the same as regular rusto, with maybe slightly less opacity. It lasts forever though. Probably ideal for freights.

Epoxy also lasts forever, but it has an incredibly long dry time. I was painting at night once, on metal, and had to come back very early in the morning. It had at least 6 hours drying time and it was still very sticky.

6. yomommasaho

yomommasaho 12oz Veteran Member

yomommasaho - Replied Jan 27, 2013

i think i bought a filed liner once and had to do a throw with the can upside down

SCENARIO:

ive got a friend who's looking for a very specific shade of green to paint his car.
    he asked me wheres the best selection of rusto, i tell him home depot or online,
    but they may not have the best color scheme.

i told him you might find a closer color from a "graffiti grade" spray paint, but avoid
    the chinese ones, hed be best off trying maybe montana gold, montana 94, belton,
    molotow, theyve all got great colors, great coverage and great durability...
    but at the end of the day i have no idea how any of that shit would adhere to a car.

i imagine not many on here have any experience using spray paint on anything
    but brick, cinderblock, sheet metal, etc w/ little concern about how it bonds to
    the material. but at the same time i figure if there was any place to ask, this might be it..

so, does anyone know which, if any, brand is best for cars?

yomommasaho - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. eviltrailer77

eviltrailer77 - Replied Jan 27, 2013

Dupli-Color, the car paint they sell at auto zone etc. Buddy of mine crunched the front fender on his girls brand new Nissan while she was out of town. He bought a new fender and I painted it with that shit for him. That was 4 years ago and it still looks perfect, she still doesn't know he was driving her brand new car drunk as fuck. I did do full pro level prep and shot primer, base and 4 coats of clear.

8. yahunga

yahunga New Jack

yahunga - Replied Jan 28, 2013

Re: Female Rustos still on the shelf?

Much appreciated, I thought maybe at least the black in the camo line would be good for outlines or just all around tagging(with a rusto fat)... And I'm also glad I read the the inverted throw up issue with the field markers, figures I racked them first....

Got a fiew of the high output 600ml with the male valves, those with the ap fat Are super sweet for freights, you have to fill a little slower or it'll be dusty but I was happy with the outcome...got some of the high temp paint as well, just have to wait on some rusto fats.... They don't have them on the elemers glue anymore do they?... I'll check... Thanks for the input

9. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere 12oz Elite Member

rolling nowhere - Replied Jan 28, 2013

Ive found night tide sunburst yellow(33% free tall cans) and i think harbor blue and some sunrise red with the old valves. walmart.
    that high heat rusto isnt all that great.

rolling nowhere - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere 12oz Elite Member

rolling nowhere - Replied Jan 28, 2013

[​IMG]

ive never been to canada but i assume thats where this stuff is from. this the one youre talking about maybe? its pretty legit regardless.

rolling nowhere - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. eviltrailer77

eviltrailer77 - Replied Jan 28, 2013

This what I have been doing with marking paint and empty cans of sabotaz. The close-out store by me keeps getting case upon case of em and they go for a buck a pop. Made some pretty cool colors too.

I used the stems off some sabotaz fats and superglued them together.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. yahunga

yahunga New Jack

yahunga - Replied Feb 5, 2013

thats awesome man, yeah those field liners are meant to be used upside-down in a machine, good idea

13. stance180

stance180 New Jack

stance180 - Replied Feb 7, 2013

"DECOLORS" this new brand popped up in me local shop few days ago i tryed 2 cans of it and it flows nice and has a good medium to high pressure.Has someone heard of it and used it?Some people at the shop told me that is a brand made by some EX "MTN" member that started hes own production?

stance180 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  14. Gorditahead

Gorditahead 12oz Junior Member

Gorditahead - Replied Feb 11, 2013

Does anybody know any information on the new sabotaz "sigma 80". In past years I had no problem using sabotaz in 0 degree winter weather. This new sigma line acts likes Chinese paint in these temps. Comes out silent, drippy, almost like a blaster cap, and stutters like CRAZY. Its pretty much unusable.

Did they change where they manufacture? anybody have any useful information?
    anyways, pretty disappointing, I loved the old sabotaz.

Gorditahead - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  15. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

HAL - Replied Feb 12, 2013

According to the can, it's still produced in Greece. From what i understand, they adjusted the formula to perform more smoothly with layered application, like we do when painting graffiti. I haven't tried it on metal yet, but the old formula used to flake off after a day or so.

Keep in mind that you're using a pressurized container, and if you leave the can in freezing temperatures, you're going to have a serious loss of pressure. I'd say the high pressure versions will probably perform even worse, because there's less pressure pushing through a high flow valve. I don't understand how any manufacturer can claim to overcome this problem, since there's only so much gas you can force into the can. Your best bet is to keep the paint in a warm environment until it's time to use it. Storing it outside is the worst case scenario.

I've had at least a dozen of the old Sabotaz cans spontaneously lose their gas sitting in storage. Some kind of faulty valve. I lost an entire case of black. I don't know if they addressed this problem with the new formulation. Maybe that was the problem.

I did use a couple of the new cans last week. I had the low pressure "A" series. I liked it a lot. The old formula seemed kinda dusty and the colors were dull. The new stuff is much more vibrant and responsive with those yellow german tips. Maybe you just had a bad can.