1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please contact us and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the new 12ozProphet!

When You're Sleeping & You Feel Like Somethings Holding You Down..

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DEE38, Apr 10, 2003.

1. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

When You're Sleeping & You Feel Like Somethings Holding You Down..

Discussion started by DEE38 - Apr 10, 2003

I've heard stories of people who went through this. And I never experienced it till a few weeks ago... two days in a row....

You're trying to get up, but somethings holding you down to the bed...... weird.

Share you experiences.

DEE38 - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. fabled

fabled New Jack

fabled - Replied Apr 10, 2003

I haven't had that experience, but the feeling I hate is when I feel like I am falling, and I wake up basically jumping ten feet off the bed.

fabled - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Apr 10, 2003

what about when you're sleeping, and your legs fall asleep too....you don't realize it when you get up, and out of bed, only to fall flat on the floor, having zero control over your legs..

and yeah^^^^

that's something called a 'HYPNOGOGIC JERK'
    everyone does it qhen theyre falling asleep.

pretty cool..i'm gonna make it a side name

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  4. atrocks

atrocks New Jack

atrocks - Replied Apr 10, 2003

i have several friends who say this has happened to them....they can be a lil religious at times...but usually not....they just said they started praying and stuff and it went away....one of my other friends said he used to hear voices in his closet at night...so he would get scared and pull the sheets over his head and then he would hear a voice right in front him saying...lookat me...i said look at me boy...and he said it would keep getting louder until he started praying...

atrocks - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

DEE38 - Replied Apr 10, 2003

man that is fucking weird!

i used to hear this buzzing noise or ringing noise in my room that only iiii could hear, it was fucked up and even though i covered my ears with my pillows it would still be loud, like it was in my head or something.

and i have the falling feeling EVERY night. and sometimes ill tweak and kick the air or something, its rediculous (sp)

DEE38 - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. atrocks

atrocks New Jack

i used to ALWAYS get those falling dreams when i was a kid....

7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- 12oz Veteran Member

--zeSto-- - Replied Apr 10, 2003

mind over matter.

--zeSto-- - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. fr8lover

fr8lover 12oz Elite Member

fr8lover - Replied Apr 10, 2003

dee: its called sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis, or more properly, sleep paralysis with hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations have been singled out as a particularly likely source of beliefs concerning not only alien abductions, but all manner of beliefs in alternative realities and otherworldly creatures. Sleep paralysis is a condition in which someone, most often lying in a supine position, about to drop of to sleep, or just upon waking from sleep realizes that s/he is unable to move, or speak, or cry out. This may last a few seconds or several moments, occasionally longer. People frequently report feeling a "presence" that is often described as malevolent, threatening, or evil. An intense sense of dread and terror is very common. The presence is likely to be vaguely felt or sensed just out of sight but thought to be watching or monitoring, often with intense interest, sometimes standing by, or sitting on, the bed. On some occasions the presence may attack, strangling and exerting crushing pressure on the chest. People also report auditory, visual, proprioceptive, and tactile hallucinations, as well as floating sensations and out-of-body experiences (Hufford, 1982). These various sensory experiences have been referred to collectively as hypnagogic and hypnopompic experiences (HHEs). People frequently try, unsuccessfully, to cry out. After seconds or minutes one feels suddenly released from the paralysis, but may be left with a lingering anxiety. Extreme effort to move may even produce phantom movements in which there is proprioceptive feedback of movement that conflicts with visual disconfirmation of any movement of the limb. People may also report severe pain in the limbs when trying to move them. Several recent surveys including our own suggest that between 25-30% of the population reports that they have experienced at least a mild form of sleep paralysis at least once and about 20-30% of these have had the experience on several occasions. A few people may have very elaborate experiences almost nightly (or many times in a night) for years. Aside from many of the very disturbing features of the experience itself (described in succeeding sections) the phenomenon is quite benign. It was thought in the past that it was a significant part of the so-called "narcoleptic tetrad", but recent surveys of non-clinical populations, such as ours, suggest that the prevalence may be as high among the general population as among diagnosed narcoleptics.

fr8lover - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Apr 10, 2003

apparntly, when you get the feeling of falling from a great distance, only to open your eyes and realise your in bed (ya know...when it feels like as soon as you open your eyes your body is bouncing off the floor or whatever) is the result of your heart skipping a beat...

that cant be good for a 17 yr old....:D

10. atrocks

atrocks New Jack

damn..freightlovah.....i was all thinkin i was cool and stuff.....o well...

11. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside 12oz Senior Member

A Fire Inside - Replied Apr 10, 2003

ah yes, i haven't felt that in so long. ha.. it's freaky, yet rad.

A Fire Inside - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. yoshy

yoshy 12oz Member

yoshy - Replied Apr 10, 2003

...how about when things in your waking reality enter into your dreams?

one night i dreamt that someone was tying a rope around my ankles,
    the dream made me wake up and i kicked my legs to "free" them, only
    to knock a small rodent off of my bed, that had been running around my
    feet...on top of the covers...

only one of the many stories from that apt.

y

yoshy - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. BUNBUNBIGGY

BUNBUNBIGGY 12oz Member

BUNBUNBIGGY - Replied Apr 10, 2003

yeah i used to get that shit too..

i can only move my eyes and i would hear buzzing noises, used to scare the shit outta me. a friend of mine said its has something to do with the brain.

BUNBUNBIGGY - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Apr 10, 2003

ITS CALLED SHITTING THE BED

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  15. im not witty

im not witty Guest

im not witty - Replied Apr 10, 2003

never happened to me but my girl says it happens to her all the time. weirdness.