This article was posted by Dirty Dozen Crew 2 years, 11 months, 3 days, 6 hours, 33 minutes ago.
Alright here are the rules and how to enter into this year’s True Elements Graffiti battle:
• Compete for a grand prize of $1,000 in cash!
• There will be 9 available spots with Each spot being about 28ft in length.
• 1-3 writers / crew members will be allowed to paint their designated spot.
• The theme for this years jam will be ( ELEMENTS OF HIP- HOP). Your production should have at least 1 element of hip hop.
• The jam will begin at 2pm, but Writers may begin painting at12:00 pm and will have until 10:00pm to finish.
HOW TO ENTER:
• Top 9 outlines will be chosen to battle for the $1,000 dollar prize.
• SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE IS February 1, 2011
• Winner will be announced at the closeing of the jam to recieve cash prize.
* Please submit a basic sketch of what your wall will look like (Remember it needs to have some sort of a hip hop element)
This article was posted by Dirty Dozen Crew 3 years, 1 Month, 3 weeks, 5 days, 2 hours, 20 minutes ago.
Krink introduces four new colors to the K-51 family. Now available in Blue, Purple, Red, Green. The marker tip has two edges for different line widths and versatility. With the K-51 marker you can write on all different types of surfaces, canvas, painted surfaces, metal, wood, glass, plastic, paper. Also is quick drying. All of the vibrant, translucent colors are water resistant. The K-51 features the highest quality dye-based inks. The large ink capacity holds up to 30ml. All Krink Markers are handmade in the USA. You can find the K-51 Marker through the 12oz Paint Shop http://www.12ozprophet.com/shop/
This article was posted by Dirty Dozen Crew 3 years, 2 months, 1 week, 4 days, 7 hours, 21 minutes ago.
The Hacktory has teamed up with graffiti artists Jurne, Jedi5, and Curve to explore the intersection of space and time, video and graffiti, and technology and art. Join us one night only to watch a virtual collaboration of these artists unfold through a video installation and test your hand at laser graffiti.This project features several graffiti artists in different locations internationally, who will work collaboratively in Philadelphia through digital projection. The use of technology allows for new possibilities for graffiti’s social and collaborative spirit as well as redefining graffiti’s temporary nature. The public will have the opportunity to watch the expression unfold, understand it better, and experiment with led light graffiti.Free and open to the public.
This article was posted by Dirty Dozen Crew 3 years, 3 months, 12 hours, 35 minutes ago.
Tragedy has struck the 12oz crew and the writing communtiy, as a long term member and moderator sadly passed away today.
Elliott Threadgill aka Ethreadz aka Royl is no longer getting up with us, he passed away after short term illness this morning, leaving his family and many friends behind in grief, but with the greatest memories. Elliott was always positive and social and touched so many people’s lives, he will be deeply missed.
Elliott Threadgill - Rest In Peace - 1977-2010
This article was posted by Dirty Dozen Crew 3 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 8 hours, 35 minutes ago.
Our friends from across the pond, hurtyoubad.com in collaboration with Topsafe just dropped a line of T-shirts with artwork from a group of international artists. Horfé from Paris, Egs from Helsinki, Finsta from Stockholm and Hefs and Siege from London.
Each of the five artists have lent their aesthetic talents to an original T-shirt design. The Hurtyoubad x Topsafe tees are available in limited numbers exclusively from Hurtyoubad.bigcartel.com
01. Nina Simone – Feeling good(Joe Claussell Mix)
02. Nightmares on Wax – Les Nuits
03. David Axelrod – Holy Thursday
04. Paul Hunter – Paul’s Pal (peace)
05. Kevin Yost – Swingin
06. Ramsey Lewis – Aufu Oodu
07. Bill Withers – City of The Angels
08. Donald Byrd – We’re Together
09. Manzel – Vera Cruz (dope Brother Remix)
10. Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes – Shadows
11. Black Jazz Chronicles – The World Will Rock
12. Chaser – Life In Loisaida
13. Emerald Alley – Indian Morning Theme
14. Five Deez – Instruments of the Trade
15. Louie “Phat Kat” Vega – Represent
16. Ron Banks and The Dramatics – I Pray She’ll Never Go Away
17. Johnnie Taylor – Cheaper To Keep Her
18. Sly Jonson – Don’t Do It
19. Cymande – Listen
20. Marshmellows – Reloaded
21. Paul Hunter – Front Lines
22. Black Jazz Chronicles – Alien Waters
23. Kevin Yost – Hip on You
24. Black Jazz Chronicles – Alien Waters
25. Nina Simone – Seeline Woman(MAW Mix)
26. Santana – Future Premitive
27. Santana – Stone Flower
We’re also doing a BBQ in Brooklyn this weekend. Free Maker’s Mark while supplies last.
This article was posted by Dirty Dozen Crew 3 years, 4 months, 1 week, 3 days, 21 hours, 35 minutes ago.
With technology, research and kind friends, the Eye Writer was created to help graffiti writer Tempt one cope with his paralysis and keep his creativity flowing. Now the Not Impossible Foundation which created the Eye Writer is taking their efforts to help more people with paralysis by submitting the Eye Writer to the Pepsi reFresh Project in hopes of obtaining more funding to help reach certain goals.
The foundations goals are very straight forward. Form a network of creatives to further develop the Eye Writer, Inspire scientific and medical advancements using open source software, and most importantly funding for 1,000 Eye Writers to distribute Nationwide giving that would help paralyzed people live a creative and fulfilling life.
About Impossible Foundation / The Eye Writer Project
The EyeWriter project is a collaborative effort using creativity and technology to empower people who suffer from paralysis. The EyeWriter is low-cost, eye-tracking glasses & free, open-source software that allows writers and artists with paralysis to draw and communicate using only their eyes.